Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Year 8 Homework

In class today we discussed the following four questions:

  • What are some signs of wealth?

  • What does it mean to be successful?

  • Why do so many people pursue wealth?

  • How can someone be poor, but rich at the same time?


1. Think about what we discussed in class and go to this Google Doc and insert a few ideas.

2. After you have done that and read what others have said, choose one of the following quotes to write about:
"I am poor, but I am rich. I have my children, I have a garden with roses, and I have my faith and the memorires of those who have gone before me. What more is there?" Page 76

"The rich take care of the rich and the poor take care of those who have less than they have." Page 79

What do these quotes mean to you? In a paragraph or two, please explain how you understand the message. There is no right or wrong answer, just what you think and how you feel.

3. Please post the response on your blog. You do not need to read this weekend. Good luck. If you have any questions, please leave them here as comments.

2 comments:

  1. [riffly_video]4D4D2A04CB6D11DE8222E33E17436622[/riffly_video]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [riffly_video]A9784A3CCB7911DE8222E33E17436622[/riffly_video]

    ReplyDelete