In class we began to discuss some strategies to help you become a more active and confident reader. We will talk more about these strategies all year, but you can get a quick look by clicking here, or going to the top of the page and clicking on the tab labeled Reading Strategies. As you read please take notes using one or more of the strategies. You can also take notes on the following:
- Sentences that stand out and make you think.
- Images you find beautiful, well written, or striking.
- Words you don't understand.
- Questions you may have for your teachers, classmates, or even the characters.
- Connections you realize while reading.
Good luck, feel free to leave any comments or questions in the comment section of this post. Final note, if you haven't already done so please fill in the Reading Survey.
- Read page 1-22 and take notes.
- Take Reading Survey